Follow Along...

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

OCLDT29 - WHITE CHRISTMAS

Free Smiley Courtesy of www.millan.netHi!  I hope everyone had a nice Labor Day!  We went camping again this weekend and I got a pretty good sunburn.  I challenged myself over the weekend and met my goal...staying upright!    I had foot surgery almost 2 1/2 months ago and am still only allowed to walk on it 2 hours out of the day.  Anyway, last week when we were camping I took a tumble and ended up getting x-rays on both feet and one hand.  Can you say CLUTZ???  Sheesh!  One week later, I'm still very sore but the dr said I didn't break anything.  Whew!


While I was getting ready to go camping, I took a break and peeked at the OCL sketch challenge.  As soon as I saw the layout, I knew what OCL set I wanted to use.  I chose one of the new Holiday Release sets called White Christmas.  LOVE IT!


I started by rubbing my SU Embossing Buddy over the cardstock, inked up the tree with VersaMark and SU Brocade Blue, stamped my image then sprinkled SU Heat & Stick Powder on it.  I tapped off the excess then used my heat gun just until it turned sticky (it's really important not to over-heat it or the glitter won't stick as well).  I sprinkled OCL Sugar Crafty Sparkles over it, tapped off the excess and heat set it again.  It's VERY sparkly!!!  Of course the pics don't show it that well.  *sigh*  I went through the same process to apply glitter to the butterfly (SU Beautiful Wings Embosslits cut out of SU Brocade Blue card stock).

Next I ran the top panel through my Big Shot with a Spellbinder's die to put an oval hole in the center of my CS then ran it through again with a Sizzix snowflake embossing folder leaving the bottom portion for the sentiment which was embossed with VersaMark, SU Brocade Blue and clear embossing powder.  I cut the frame by stacking two Nesties on top of each other.  It cuts a perfect frame every time!

I glued the frame on, tied a ribbon around it then centered and adhered the tree onto the back of my top panel.  I finished by adding a few rhinestones to the tree.  I used the same process to add a snowflake to the inside of the card, ran part of the CS through the same embossing folder and added a strip of the same ribbon from the front of the card to tie it all together.

After I was finished, I decided it didn't look anything like the challenge so I made another card. Here is OCLDT29 "Take 2".  Ha! 


I used the same stamp set, colors and techniques.  Both were fairly easy and they look awesome in person!  In fact, I may use the first one for this year's Christmas card.  It will be easy to mass produce...the trickiest part will be the glitter but that wasn't too bad.


















Thanks for looking!



Tam


ADDITIONAL INFO (for both cards...may or maynot be on each)
STAMPS:  OCL White Christmas
PAPER:  Neenah Solar White; SU Brocade Blue CS
INK:  SU Brocade Blue
ACCESSORIES:  SU Embossing Buddy; VersaMark; SU Heat & Stick Powder; heat gun; OCL Sugar Crafty Sparkles; Big Shot; SU Beautiful Wings Embosslits; Spellbinder's Nesties; Sizzix embossing folder; clear embossing powder; 2-way glue pen, ribbon from Ben Franklin; rhinestones from my stash; Dimensionals

5 comments:

Memories of Time said...

You ROCK my world Miss Tammie! LOVE this! They are both SO pretty!! Hope you bring them to class so I can touch them! ;)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!!! I LOVE the elegance and simplicity- and sparkles!!!!!! and texture!!! WOW!!!! DC

Gale said...

Gorgeous! These are really pretty. Really nice directions also. Way to go.

Bev Gerard said...

Oh so gorgeous, Tammie!
I'm such a fan of heat & stick powder for that unbeatable glitzy glam. Love these!

~Bev

Heather Huggins said...

Beautiful Card!! Yep head on down to MOT and check out the new paper & stamps they are on sale this month 20% off!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...