Follow Along...

Saturday, October 16, 2010

OCLDT33 - SANDY SUNSETS

Wow, how did I let myself get so far behind in the OCL challenges?  My goal this weekend is to get caught up.  I can do this!  There's only three...that's not so bad, right?  Ha!  We'll see how far I can get.  I made this card for Kris, the guy who does my hair.  He recently took a trip to Hawaii so I wanted to make a birthday card that would remind him of his trip.  I immediately thought of the Sandy Sunsets stamp set.  It's one of my OCL favs!

The Creamy Caramel CS panel was sponged with Creamy Caramel, Close to Cocoa and Chocolate Chip working towards the center but not going all the way.  I stamped one of the Itty Bitty Background stamps in Close to Cocoa randomly around the panel without inking every time.

A circle was punched out of a sticky note to use as a mask.  I placed it where I wanted my sun and used another large sticky note to mask the horizon.    I sponged Apricot Appeal, Pumpkin Pie, Really Rust and Ruby Red for the sky.  The sun mask was removed leaving the large sticky note in place.  The same four colors were sponged on the sun to soften it a bit and to also create the thin strip for the background panel.  The happy birthday sentiment is from the OCL Coastal Wishes set.

Next I got a clean sticky note and masked the sky.  For my water, I sponged Bordering Blue, Ballet Blue, Not Quite Navy and Night of Navy not going all the way to the edge of the paper.  Then I sponged Creamy Caramel and Close to Cocoa going up to the water's edge.  The Itty Bitty Background was stamped again in Close to Cocoa for the speckled, sandy look on the beach.  Then I used a Stamp-a-ma-jig to stamp the trees, hammock, grass and seagulls.  To create the shadows for the trees and hammock, I sponged a little Chocolate Chip ink.  A white gel pen was used to put in the foam at the water's edge and highlight the trees, hammock, grass and seagulls.  A Basic Black marker was used to add a few shadows on the trees and grass.

To finish, everything was layered with Basic Black CS, a sailor's knot was tied by following this awesome tutorial and the main image was popped up on Dimensionals.

Thanks for stopping by!

Tam

DETAILS
STAMPS:  OCL Sandy Sunsets, Coastal Wishes; SU Itty Bitty Backgrounds
PAPER:  Neenah Solar White; SU Basic Black, Creamy Caramel
INK:  Ranger Black Soot; SU Creamy Caramel, Close to Cocoa, Chocolate Chip, Apricot Appeal, Pumpkin Pie, Really Rust, Ruby Red, Bordering Blue, Ballet Blue, Not Quite Navy, Next to Navy
ACCESSORIES:  Creative Memories corner punch; sticky notes; sponges; Stamp-a-ma-jig; SU 1 3/8 circle punch; white gel pen; EK Success punch; SU Basic Black marker; twine from my stash; Dimensionals

2 comments:

Gale said...

What a beautiful card. I have done that same knot from the same tutorial. Funny, tried to do it just from looking a the knot and what completely lost! Great tutorial.

He should love the card! They make a gift of themselves.

Heather Huggins said...

Beautiful job.. Love your knot!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...