Here's the highlights/lowlights for this year:
- In February I created an SCS profile so I could share my paper crafting with my buddy, D, who lives in another state (sending pics through email was getting to be a pain in the hiney).
- In June my dad had a stroke and, unfortunately, didn't make it (miss you dad!). He was less than one month shy of his 66th birthday and was finally talking about retirement. While my dad was in the hospital, my step-brother (his son) reconnected with the family. Since then we've even gone camping together which was really cool! Two weeks after my dad passed, I had foot surgery and was on a knee scooter for three months (a VERY long three months I might add). If you've never seen one, it takes the place of crutches and is truly a life saver!
- In August I created my blog (it's been fun and I'm slowing getting all my stamping buddies into it as well!).
- In October I accepted a Guest Designer spot with Our Craft Lounge and my 19 year old son decided to quit his job, give up his apartment and start "traveling". Although I don't understand why he feels the need to do this, he seems to be having a good time and he is seeing the USA in a way he would never have experienced any other way. He checks in with me regularly so I won't worry so much and shares with me the places he has been and the people he has met. I anxiously wait for the day when this phase in his life is over and he decides to settle down. In the mean time, I look forward to hearing about his journey.
- In November I was invited to be a full-time member of OCL's Design Team and participated in their Valentine Release Sneak Peek and Blog Hop (good times!).
- In December, well, I decided to teach my first class at our local scrapbook store, Memories of Time. The class will be in January so I've been spending a little time over the last couple of weeks prepping for it and trying not to panic!
- The best part of 2010...I met some really cool people through my habit...I mean hobby! Stamping buddies are the best!!! Enough babble already...onto the card!
I hope everyone out there in Blogland has a happy, safe and creative New Year!
Thanks for stopping by!
STAMPS: OCL's Flower Power
PAPER: Neenah Solar White; I can't remember the DP...sorry!
INK: Ranger Black Soot
ACCESSORIES: Copic markers; craft knife; packaging tape; OCL Crafty Sparkles; Dimensionals