Follow Along...

Thursday, January 19, 2012

YIPEEEEE...THEY'RE HERE!!!

Hey there, let me start by saying WOWSERS!  A big storm hit the Oregon Coast yesterday.  This was actually the first time that I can ever remember the news reporting our normal "high winds" being upgraded to a Hurricane 2 type with gusts up to 100 mph.  My hubby works at a sawmill and one of the out-buildings used to store lumber had the roof peeled back as if it were a can of sardines! Since there were people in there working at the time, they closed shop and sent everyone home.  A lot of businesses closed early and sent staff home to wait out the storm (mine included).  So of course, the two of us loaded up and took off for the beach.  LOL!  We were hoping to see some 25 foot waves but the tide was out so it didn't happen.  The waves were still impressive though, and the wind...holy cow...it tossed us around as if we were rag dolls!

So back to the real reason I'm writing this post...Michelle from Memories of Time had texted me the night before letting me know the new 2012 Copics were in the shop.  Whoop whoop!!!  Michelle is a die-hard and stayed at work until 5pm (MOT isn't her day job).  So you know what that means...I had to be patient.  The beach took up quite a bit of time but not enough.  Tic toc...is Michelle off work yet?  D'oh, it's only 3:30pm.  *whistling*  Is it time?  No, no it's only 3:45pm...4:00pm...4:15pm...I can't stand the waiting any more!  I went to my friend Cami's, co-owner of Our Craft Lounge, and she gave me some stamps from an older release to work with.  She's the best!  I can't wait to get them inky and share what I've made.  Woohoo, it's time!!!  I'd like to tell you that I braved a most impressive storm to be one of the first to get the new Copics...but it had died down by then.  It was still gusty, but the high winds were replaced with rain (we got 2 inches during the night).  Anyway, I got my markers!  Look...aren't they pretty???


If you've been waiting patiently (yep, just like me...LOL!) to pick up the new markers, here's your chance!  Michelle has them in her online store right now.  The best part...if you use the code "checkusout", you will receive a 20% discount off your entire purchase!  I suppose I should go get ready for work now.  I just wanted to share this exciting news!  I can't wait to play with all the new colors!

Thanks for stopping by!  Hurricane 

3 comments:

Gale said...

To cool! Can't wait to play with the new colors.

I just posted a valentines box based off of your heart box you made last year. I gave you credit on my blog and just wanted to let you know.

Have fun coloring!

:) Gale

Anonymous said...

перечитал весь блог, довольно неплохо

amazonmother said...

BEACH??? You crazy girl!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...