Follow Along...

Friday, November 1, 2013

THE PERFECT PERCH

Hey there, guess what time it is!  It's Virtual Stamp Night through Splitcoaststampers!  That's right, SCS is kicking off the mini VSN tonight with a couple challenges.  First up, yours truly!  The overall theme is "Up to Snow Good" and my challenge, Let it Snow-Man!  It's pretty easy really, just include a snowman on your project.  I know you all have at least one snowman stamp laying around, so blow the dust off and get inking!  Let's see what ya got!  Oh...the best part...you have an entire week to play along!  Whoop!




The snow-filled sky was created by using a toothbrush to sprinkle masking fluid onto card stock then after it dried, sponging it with London Fog and Tuxedo Black.  That awesome frame is a My Favorite Things die and it looks AMAZING colored with Copics!  The snowman and bird stamp is from Whipper Snapper Designs and it colors up super fast!  They were fussy cut, adhered to the frame then popped up on foam.  I wish I could show you the inspiration for this card...a tole painted snowman that I found on Pinterest.  I thought I pinned it to share, but do you think I could find it when I wanted to?  Not so much!  Ugh!  You'll just have to trust me that the grays with a pop of red was stunning!


COPIC COLORING: 
SNOWMAN:  BG70, BV20. 0  CARROT NOSE:  YR18, YR15, YR00  SCARF:  C3, C1, C00, R56, R46, R43  BUTTON:  C3, C1, C00  BIRD:  R56, R46, R43  FRAME:  R56, R46, R43

THIS PROJECT INCLUDES THE FOLLOWING CHALLENGES: 
CHRISTMAS CARDS ALL YEAR ROUND ~ Winter Wonderland
CMC COPIC CHALLENGE GROUP ~ Dudes, Guys, Masculine
HECK OF A CHALLENGE ~ In the Frame!
PANPASTEL CHALLENGE BLOG ~ Shades of Grey





I hope you are able to play in my SCS challenge, and thanks for stopping by! 


SUPPLIES: 
STAMPS:  WSD The Perfect Perch
PAPER:  Neenah Solar White 
INK:  Copic markers; Memento (London Fog, Tuxedo Black)
ACCESSORIES:  Sizzix Big Shot; MFT Die-namics Chalkboard Frame Builder; TE Taylored Dies Make a Snowflake; Winsor & Newton Colourless Art Masking Fluid; toothbrush; sponges; scissors; Zig 2-Way Glue pen; SU Dimensionals; KaiserCraft Sparklet; Copic black multiliner
TECHNIQUE(S):  Sponging; fussy cutting
SIZE OF FINISHED PROJECT:  5 1/4" x 5 1/4"

13 comments:

Aileen said...

Wonderful card, love the copic colouring and the wonderful frame. It really looks as though it is curving.

Dewi Lestari said...

Fantastic frame! Thanks for joining at Heck of a Challenge: In The Frame
Hugs
Dewi

Anonymous said...

This is such a gorgeous card, Tam! The snowy sky is fabulous!

Vicki Dutcher said...

This is so amazing! Love the sky and your coloring on the snowman is... WOW! Totally an adorable card~

Karen Dunbrook said...

fantastic card!!

stampingbowd said...

Oh my gracious! This is stunning!!!! The color, the image, oh my!!!!!

Hazel said...

Lovely fun card. Thanks for sharing this for CCAYR 'winter wonderland' challenge - hope to see you again soon, Hazel, CCAYR design team - you could also enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for November - I'd love to see it there too. x

Deanne Saunders said...

Gorgeous card! Thanks so much for participating in our CCAYR challenge!! Hope to see you again for our next challenge!!
~DEANNE~
A Little Bit O' Paper

McCrafty's Cards said...

Beautiful! thank you for joining in with us this month at Heck of a challenge, Good Luck!
Kevin xx

Cindy Groh said...

Love it. Gorgeous card. I've never heard of masking fluid. I wrote down the information you provided and will Google it. Thank you. Thanks for joining us at Christmas Cards all year Round.

Tracy said...

Truly this is beeeautiful, so lovely!!
Thank you so much for joining us over at Premium Crafts challenge.
Hugs
Tracy
xxx

Patricia St Martin said...

So adorable... Thanks for joining us at CMC.
Hugs, Pat

Cathy Weber said...

This is such a cute card! It jumped right out at me while I was scanning all the card thumbnails. I love that red bird balancing on the snowman's nose. I especially like how you made that snowy background...a toothbrush? Genius!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...